Six unique and exquisite private gardens:
- A charming garden with an expansive view
- A whimsical garden
- A lush shade garden that welcomes wildlife
- An artistic garden with a koi pond
- A functional garden sanctuary designed to protect the watershed
- A beautiful country garden with perennial beds, horses, chickens and ducks
We welcome the novice and the veteran; active gardeners and those who love to visit, discuss and read about gardens; those who are visitors; those who are new to the area and those deeply entrenched. We hope we have something of value to offer you all.
WHS was organized in 1989 and was originally known as the Whatcom in Bloom Garden Society. The name was changed to avoid confusion with the Whatcom County Parks annual friendly garden competition, called Whatcom County in Bloom.
The Social Gardener is the society’s quarterly journal, filled with stories by member gardeners about plants, gardening, and other garden-related subjects.
Members are encouraged to participate in WHS activities, especially as volunteers during the annual summer Tour of Private Gardens.